Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dan's New Nickname

Every morning, Dan makes himself the same breakfast: yogurt with GrapeNuts. He mixes it up in a big bowl and eats it on his way to work. Esther has become an integral part of this daily ritual, insisting on helping Dan with each step of his meal preparation. For some reason, she calls GrapeNuts "no nuts", an accurate name for them, since they contain neither grapes nor nuts. Whenever Esther refers to Dan's breakfast, she calls it "Poppy No Nuts." She mentions it from time to time throughout the day, and it always brings a little smile, especially to me. We know that she means Poppy's GrapeNuts, but isn't that a great new nickname for Dan all the same? Take my word for it, the next time you see him, Dan would really appreciate being called Poppy No Nuts.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Ok, this is really really cute! What a doll she is! I can't wait to see her in a month, and to try out Dan's new nickname.

Hubers said...

This, my friend, is hilarious!

LL said...

I am loving that. :-) Remind me when you guys come and visit - I'd hate to miss out on a chance to call him his favorite nickname!

Nicole said...

Gilbert and I love the new nickname. Can't wait to try it out next time we see you guys.

Leslie said...

OK, I am laughing out loud! How funny! Aidan also has some funny things he says but that takes the cake! Can't wait to see you guys ~ at the reunion? We'll be there!

Becky said...

Andrea, you make me laugh so hard! I too think Dan will love it if I call him Poppy No Nuts the next time I see him!

Naomi said...

Andrea, I am crying I am laughing so hard. I might have to call you so I can laugh some more on the phone.