Monday, April 13, 2009

Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette

Thanks to the editor's of Cook's Illustrated for this yummy taco salad dressing, which almost caused Dan and me to die of yumminess when we tasted it this weekend:

5 T fresh lime juice
1 shallot, peeled (I omitted this)
1 jalepeno chile, stemmed and seeded (I also omitted this)
1 small garlic clove, peeled
1 t sugar
1/2 t ground cumin
salt
1/2 c fresh cilantro
3/4 c extra-virgin olive oil

Process lime juice, shallot, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, cumin, and 1/2 t salt in blender until shallot and garlic are finely chopped, about 15 seconds. With blender running, add cilantro, then oil, and continue to process until smooth and emulsified, about 15 seconds.

8 comments:

cdr said...

This sounds wonderful. I'll have to try it. Thanks for posting the recipe.

I love Esther's middle name obsession. I remember becoming aware of middle names and feeling completely neglected because apparently my parents forgot to give me one.

LL said...

I just saw them make enchiladas verdes last night...mmmmm.....

Everything they make is delicious!

Naomi said...

Yum! I am making this tonight!

heather said...

You are back...now can you come cook for us?

Carma said...

I am very happy it was not a tad more tummy causing your untimely death of yumminess!! You crack me up!! Miss you guys!!

Carolyn Hansen said...

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it!

esmiley said...

I'm excited to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

We really enjoyed your visit. Kevin and I are already trying to plan a trip to come and see you.

Suzanne said...

I just looked through your blog for a moment -- mostly to see the pictures, I confess. It's really a delay tactic because I need to get vaccuuming and get the kids ready for swimming. OOPS. It was wonderful to see all those smiling faces again. You have such beautiful children. They are adorable! Good job, Mom!