Monday, April 30, 2007

Kids Can Be Funny and Cute

Okay, so last Tuesday Adam did something that made me really mad, and really worried, and really upset, and every other bad emotion. I wasted a lot of brain power envisioning him as a horrible adult. So now I will share with you a few pictures taken Sunday when he melted my heart not once, but twice, reminding me that he is not a psychopath in embryo, just a really cute little five-year-old.

Exhibit A:
This is the scene that greeted my eyes as I returned home from a nice long walk Sunday morning. What is it? On the left is a container with some tortilla chips in it and a sign, in Adam's kindergarten handwriting, that reads: "MOMNY EHT TUP" (translation: Put the money). On the right is one of Adam's shoes. This is Adam's version of a lemonade stand. He is hoping that a passerby will take a chip and put some change in his boot to pay for it. He spent the rest of the morning watching out the window and going outside every minute or two to check the boot for money.

Exhibit B:
After church, we came home and got into more comfy clothes. For Adam, this meant no clothes at all. Time passed. Dan called my attention to the window. There was Adam outside riding his bike in his underwear, with his sandals and helmet on. Well, at least he followed the family rules that you must be wearing shoes and head gear when you ride your bike.

5 comments:

LL said...

I love it! What a clown. If I'd known he was selling chips I'd have come by and had a few. :-) And the bike picture is fabulous. That will really embarrass him in a few years. :-)

Becky said...

Hilarious! That is soooooo adorable! A little entrepreneur in the making!

k said...

i can't wait until Miles is pulling stunts like this! miles loved playing with adam, by the way. mostly because of all the fun noise :)

Melinda said...

See if Addy is interested in starting a mail-order business. If he'll send me some chips, I'll send him some money.

Jenny said...

Wow, that should be in the world record book for cutest thing ever done by a five year old. I called my husband at work to tell him because I thought it was so dang cute and funny! And I really never call Mark at work! Gee whiz you win for a phone call worthy blog!