Sunday, May 13, 2007

Getting a Spiritual Perspective on Depression

I've been putting this post off because I told myself I needed to write all my thoughts about each of these. I would still like to do that, but in the meantime, I want you to have the links to the following articles from church magazines that I have found extremely helpful in putting depression and its attendant thought patterns into a more eternal perspective:

"Awake My Soul! Dealing Firmly with Depression" by Steve Gilliland, Ensign Aug. 1978

"The Great and Wonderful Love" by Anthony D. Perkins, Ensign Nov. 2006

"What Does It Mean to Be Perfect?" by Cecil O. Samuelson, New Era Jan. 2006

"Learning to Rely on the Lord" Ensign Sep. 2003

"Escaping My Valley of Sorrow"
by G. G. Vandagriff, Ensign Mar. 2000

"My Battle with Depression" by Mollie H. Sorensen, Ensign Feb. 1984

"Why Aren't I Happy?" by Jeffrey C. Jacob, Ensign Jan. 1991

"Learning to Love Myself" by Louise Brown, Ensign Mar. 1982

You should be able to click on the titles of the articles and go directly to the full text on the Church website. Let me know if you need any help.

1 comment:

storyteller said...

Thank you for compiling all these articles in one place. I appreciate so much you sharing your own healing efforts to make healing easier for the rest of us!