Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Victory at Costco

Today I went to Costco with Janie.  In the past, I have always purchased myself a yummy (read fatty) lunch at the Costco food court after shopping.  A month or two ago I decided that for my health I would try to follow a new rule of only buying the Caesar salad at the food court, instead of my usual chicken bake or pizza.  After a few of those salads I realized that I didn't like them enough to waste the $3.79, and since then I haven't been buying anything at all.  Today Janie bought a chicken bake and I didn't buy anything!  Yay!  She offered to buy one for me, but I wasn't really hungry, so I said no thanks!  Yay!  I came home and had a spinach salad instead.  

Have you had a healthy victory recently?  Write in and let me know about it.

4 comments:

LL said...

It is like cheating on me in our house of worship! :-) Just kidding. Congrats on resisting. I made myself a big salad for lunch today, instead of eating the kids' leftover mac-n-cheese. :-) Not a big victory, but not as bad as it could have been.

Potato Girl said...

I know. It has been so long since we did a Costco trip together. I will eat a chicken bake with you next time we're there. I think that having a salad for lunch instead of mac is a great big victory!!!

Janie said...

Yeah, I am the friend who leads you into temptation. "Come on, Andrea I will buy one for you". Just kidding, good job resisting. Let's see, a victory--I went to the gym today after a week of not going :)

Potato Girl said...

I would like to state for the record that Janie is not only an evil temptress. She is also one of my healthy living heroes! She is a runner, she drinks only sugar-free drinks, and she eats those fake egg beaters instead of the real thing! Now how healthy is that? Plus she lifts weights and does lunges when she is watching t.v.! Go Janie!